Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

Should I persevere?

Had this rough patches on the face since I was in PJ until today.

I didn't deliberately scratch the face..all I did was pat yes pat pat with my inner palms when it felt itchy. Little did I realise that the rough skin on my inner palms were causing friction to my face. I started to feel the roughness initially, then the skin became thick and the face red. Not as red as a lobster which I experienced before. Somehow it felt dry and I can hardly give anyone a sincere smile due to the taut skin - trying to imagine if this is similar to the effect after receiving botox jab.

I dare not look at myself in the mirror..maybe a distance away. Just a quick glimpse of my hair and that's it. I will rush through anywhere so that there is no one familiar that I need to say hi to.

The inner me begged for some steroid cream, say a dab of Elomet cream will do the trick with Physiogel moisturiser. The other side of me says no no. Let it heal on its own. So, here I am still feeling the tautness of the dry skin but I am sure it is getting better slowly with JUST the Physiogel moisturiser...

1 comment:

I want good skin said...

Aunty - how are you sleeping? Sounds also like your body temperature may be a little haywire and needs to be looked at in order to help you reduce your itching. Sleep and water are really important!!! And ice packs to help cool down the areas that are itchy