Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

It's a beautiful day

This day unlike the past few days, three of us here have bad sore throats and body aches..

I woke up at 6am and went back to bed, fell into a deep sleep and forgot to make my husband his breakfast. Not that he doesn't know how to do it but I feel that it is my duty as a wife to do so. After all he works so hard for all 4 parasites at home, namely mua, my 2 kids and the domestic helper.

I am staying home most of the time now then why need a domestic helper? I have thought long and hard about this issue..last year I managed without one but it was not the lifestyle I wanted. I will wake up very early around 5 plus to prepare breakfast for all and retire to bed real early too (around 2am). That left me only 3 hours of sleep and it was not a complete 3 hours of sleep cos I would toss and turn on bed until I find a good position to fall asleep in. To be honest, I stole some hours of sleep when my body begged me to. Then I would have to go pick my kids and prepare their lunch and so on so forth..the day just passed by with a twinkle of an eye. And I spent so little quality time with my kids and husband. Instead I would nag and whine whenever they did anything I couldn't stand and I thought what kind of a Domestic Director am I??

I started the day with my washings. I would separate my clothes from the others because my clothes would have all the moisturiser or blood stained on them. And I find it more hygienic to separate them. Throw all these in the machine to do the job. I use Dynamo anti-bacteria detergent and found it alright so far. Next, I would plan lunch and dinner for the day. Whisk out the vegetables to soak and meat to thaw.
Then came the vacuuming part - I would vacuum the floor and areas I hang around quite a number of times. My husband said I was mad but I felt really good that the house appeared skin debris free :) Am I sick in the brain? Definitely not.

The skin debris can cause alot of undesired consequences. It can be food to alot of dust mites..and you won't want them to multiply because they are not great friends of eczema suffers. Their excretion would cause allergic reaction to eczema sufferers. Also ants love the protein on the skin and therefore can trail them to the places they accumulate.

So, vacuum I must..my neighbours will curse but I simply can't stop!!

No comments: