Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Lalang eyebrows

The rough skin patches on my face have subsided after much patience with application of physiogel cream day and night. Worst is whenever my fingers touch any roughness on the face, I'll automatically start digging scratching or peeling it. There is no end to this process.

I tried wearing soft cotton gloves from Body Shop to lessen the scratching but the rubbing of the face in the night when I sleep resulted to my skin being red from abrasion.

After reading and sharing with other eczema sufferers, I realised that it is not unusual for us to have constant itch around the eyes areas. Very often I will rub my eyes until the lids felt sore and had infection on the inner lids. When I applied steroid cream then, I avoided the eyes areas because the skin around the eyes is thin and sensitive.

I recall that I use to have puffy eyes too and some people advised me to drink less water in the night. On the contrary, some articles on the web advised that drinking some water before sleep can help in reducing any incident of a stroke?? I need to verify this again..

Did I mention that eczema also robbed me of my once so dark and thick eyebrows that my spouse admired? What is left now are some strands of hair here and there which don't look like normal brows..shall I say they look more like lalang or wild grass on dry land? I feel the urge to go for the eyebrows tattoo which my cousin Ling did. They looked fine but I am hesitant firstly because the needles they use to tatoo may worsen my skin condition and secondly, I just can't trust these tattoo artists to create the arch I want...otherwise they may turn out to be like those I call "ah lien" look.

2 comments:

I want good skin said...

yeah keep moisturising.....you can beat this....and remember to keep praying :o)

Mei Wei said...

Thanks babe for your encouragement