Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

My childhood with eczema

I recall my buddy Janet Neo from kindergarten years that she noticed me at the assembly not because that I was pretty but because I had ROUGH legs. She ever mentioned that her legs accidentally brushed mine and it came as a shock as she had never experienced this before. She naively likened it to "crocodile skin".

Well, I was touched by her honesty but I was never disheartened by her remark. Strange though. Maybe because I still had friends around me despite my condition. I was surrounded by kind and loving people and it may have helped me deviate my attention to other things in life.

The moral of the story is to focus on something more worthwhile than on our predicament. We choose the path we thread on and it is important to stay positive.

No comments: