Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Itchi bitsi polka dot bi....

It has been scratchy scratchy for a few days now. Was trying very hard to trace back what had happened or what I had eaten that caused the itch.

After much analysing, I felt that the temperature difference I was subjected to on Tuesday,8 June started all these crap. I attended a course at Suntec City for about 3 hours at The Rock and felt very uneasy as the aircon there was TERRIBLY cold. I was practically shivering under the temperature after being exposed to the  cold air for an hour. I felt dry and itchy. The next thing I knew, I was out of the hall frantically searching for a hot drink to keep me warm.

See, if the aircon in Singapore can make me so, what about travelling abroad on an airplane with dry air and temperature as low as 15 degrees make me?? That is why I have stopped travelling via air for about 2 years now. I am fortunate enough to have flown several times to many countries and thus do not feel remorse for not being able to do so now or in the near future.

My husband suggested driving up to Kuala Lumpur in a week's time to bring the kids for a short break. I was not enthusiastic about it because I loathe sitting in the aircon and face the glare from the sun, unless it is raining throughout the journey. However, as I mentioned in my earlier blog - life is short and we are here only once. So, I will make the best of it..the trip and the company. I have to stay positive and strong, reminding myself that I will make it to KL in good shape. I do not want to spoil everyone's mood and enthusiasm. It is also a good opportunity to pay my brother and his family a visit. My nephew is unwell and we could go and lighten up their moods.

I tell myself to bring the steroid ointment as a standby, my Invite bath oil, protopic, Q10 moisturiser, face rosehip oil, DHC silver nanocolloid cream for my face and etc but I'll sure miss my spa machine for a day or two. The spa machine is portable but mine was almost fixed to the wall and therefore find it troublesome to detach it.

Anyway, I will be able to cope and all I need to do ..during the journey is to gulp down lotsa water.. yes H2O, it is the best source of moisture for the skin.

No comments: