Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Chinese New Year - a time to indulge for most

But REFRAIN for some...me included.

yes...I have been looong lost in my own material world again..cleaning, dusting, cooking, nagging, chasing after the kids to complete their tasks be it homework or home chores..NEVER ending..that's life.

My family and I had a wonderful CNY break in Malaysia. Great dinners, companions, catching ups with relatives, siblings and friends, not forgetting the table tennis competitions amongst the adults and children..phew..lotsa events.

Food were aplenty..in fact so much so that there were leftovers enough to feed a battalion..so wasteful right. My mom will keep the leftovers for breakfast and lunch and I can see most of us trying to avoid dinner at home the next day :)

My bro also engaged the service of the lion dance troupe to my parents' home. It was a memorable experience as the 2 lions actually came into the house and rubbed themselves against us..what a friendly bunch. The kids also enjoyed themselves checking out who or what were in the lion costumes.


Back to food again...I realized too much of the baked cookies are not too good fo my skin. I had a few outbreaks after that plus the lack of sleep. The skin felt dry with intake of love letters, pineapple tarts, BBQ buns - all the way from Seremban..enough to make a glutton of me and gave me dry dry skin again. So,who is to blame? ME ME ME..if I do not stick to the regime of REFRAINING from these stuff that gives me the 'heat' then who else should take the rap? The body could actually feel the heat rising from the internal.

I am now back home nursing my breakouts, with itch on the face and neck. The spa is great though, it helps heal the tormented skin pretty fast. I need to put on moisturizer yes my
physiogel again to the rescue and it does soothe the dry patchy skin. Sigh..(of relief)

No comments: