Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Part time helpers available

Hi..sorry for the long absence. I have been bogged down with exams..not mine but my kids'. As a mother, one has to go through the phases with the kids, holding their hands and also teaching them to be independent at the same time. Hopefully my youngest one will be able to settle most things on his own by next year. His PSLE results will be out end of November 2010. I am sure he is keeping his fingers and toes crossed.

I am still without a maid. It is already 5 months since my last maid left. I struggled quite a bit initially, hating the routine and mess that I have to pick up after the 3 boys. They seemed to take things for granted and needed alot of reminding. I realised it is always the same phrases I use like "Have you bathe?", "Do you want to eat now?", "Please brush your teeth before you sleep", etc..

Having said that, my hubby has taken on the role of part time washroom cleaner in the weekends. And it sure relieved me of that task of scrubbing the floors and washing toilet bowls :) My older son who sometimes become so sweet and understanding, will extend his help to wash the dishes and the youngest boy is always forced to fold the clothes.

Things are getting better and I am getting used to NOT having a full time helper around. Who says a family cannot survive without a domestic helper?

No comments: